What is a geothermal heat pump?
A geothermal or “ground-source” heat pump is an electrically powered device that uses the natural heat storage ability of the earth and/or the earth’s groundwater to heat and cool your home or business.
Geothermal installations require installers that are familiar with both plumbing and heating. Knox offers expert knowledge in both. We provide one stop shopping for Plumbing and Heating.
Geothermal Systems provide homeowners with a wide range of benefits:
Duct work can be either fiberglass and sheet metal depending on the customer's preference.
- Savings: Generally, no other heating and cooling system offers lower operating costs, with savings up to 60% compared to ordinary systems.
- Comfort: These systems provide even temperatures throughout the home year round, with excellent dehumidification during cooling.
- Environmentally Friendly: Geothermal is a clean, green, and renewable technology to reduce your carbon footprint now and for future generations. Geothermal units last longer than ordinary air conditioners and heat pumps. Since the units contain few moving parts, they operate for years with little maintenance.
- Quiet Operation: Unlike ordinary air conditioners and heat pumps, no outdoor unit is required. Bryant geothermal units use heavy-duty, fully-insulated cabinets for quiet operation. Quiet, soft starting variable speed blowers are used in many models.
- Flexibility: Heating, cooling and supplemental water heating from a single unit. And a wide variety of models and options to fit most any application. Free Hot Water: During unit operation, free excess heat is used to supplement the home’s water heater.
- Energy Independence: Geothermal systems reduce our need to import fuel. Safe and Clean: No flame, no flue, no odors.
Tax Credits for Geothermal Installations
Visit Energy Star for a complete list of qualifying tax incentives for home improvements. Ask us about specific details on qualifying systems. After installation, Knox will provide you with appropriate documents for your tax preparer.
Rising costs are a certainty. Protect yourself. Ask us about the Extended 10 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor for new installations at a reasonable cost.